Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Eight Years of Marital Bliss!









Yesterday was mine and Fabian's 8th wedding anniversary. We got ourselves a wonderful babysitter, got all dolled up, and then we headed off to Marcel's in Washington DC. We had a relaxing evening savoring delicious French delicacies and conjuring up memories of anniversaries past. I have to say we have had some really great times in our marriage and I love remembering and creating them. Without sounding too much like a Chicken Soup for the Soul book, I really must say that marriage; like any relationship; is full of ups and downs, joys and sorrows, and everything in between. The happiness and love in marriage comes from experiencing all of those things together; building memories that are exclusivly yours. I love my husband and I definitely know he loves me but I also know that our love started out as a little feeling of mutual attraction and interest in getting to know more about each other, and through the years it has grown into a real love and acceptance of each other, who we were, who we are, and who we will become. It is the roller coaster of life and the devotion we have to one another that solidifies our marriage and love. I look forward to many more years of growing in life and love with my sweet husband!


http://www.marcelsdc.com/

On a lighter note: I really enjoyed being able to wear my new cute shoes as we escaped from the monotony of the home in Fabian's fast car with music blaring. I love that feeling of freedom with my honey!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! It sounds like it was a wonderful evening and I must say that those are some fabulous shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sexy Mama! I'm so sorrrry I forgot your anniversary.. I feel terrible.. But I'm glad you guys had a great time.... So... I have an idea.. why don't you post pictures of anniversaries past on your Anniversary entry... and also one of your wonderful evening last night? Congrats on keeping the Granada's for 8 years.... Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete