Thursday, September 10, 2009

Really though... what exactly did you expect?!?

Labor Day has passed; school has begun, and the countdown to our move is in full effect. I guess this means that summer is officially over. Sniff...sniff. As promised, the following is a very brief rundown of our eventful summer.

On June 24th we headed out for Bethany Beach, Delaware. This was our 2nd year to visit there and we really enjoy it there. My niece Jayme flew in from Dallas and went with us. If you live in the D.C. area it is a great beach to go to for the weekend at just around a three hour drive.








While we were in Bethany Beach I got the news of Michael Jackson's passing. Now I really don't have an opinion on his later life and all the scandal that comes along with it but I do know that he was an amazing talent in this world and his music, dancing, and videos touched my life. I will always be a fan of that part of him and no matter what I still love him. Here are a few pictures I couldn't resist. By the way, I recommend youtube-ing your favorite Michael Jackson videos from time to time. I do it sometimes and I never get tired of watching them!


I think this is my favorite picture. Just when my generation was first discovering him. He looks so innocent. You know I am a sucker for a genuine smile and honest eyes!



Upon our return home I received more sad news. My cousin Shellie passed away on June 29, 2009. For those of you reading this that do not know me very well or at all I must say that there is a huge difference between writing about the death of a pop star and that of a family member. This is a blog and not a journal; therefore, I do not intend to give details. Suffice it to say that Shellie was one of the most kind, humble, and genuine people you could ever meet. She loved music, singing, laughing and making jokes. She never held back in telling those she loved just how much she did love them. She is my cousin, I love her, and I am grateful that family is something that lasts beyond this earthly life. God be with you til we meet again, Shellie! I love you!


Okay, well.... that got us up through June. On to July! I'll post it soon!

1 comment:

  1. I bet that your posting of July will take another 4 months. Also- oh my goodness, your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete